Since we will be out of town all of next week (details coming soon), poor Dawson was going to get a pretty lame birthday, with a cake NEITHER one of his brothers could share, and his sweet little buddies that he has been asking to invite to the big event for months, of course would not be able to be with him. So....we celebrated it on Tuesday. I switched snacks with another mom for his preschool, and planned a party for the local Burger King. I know, I'm a big spender! Anyway, we built it up to be THE day instead of the substitute day and it all went beautifully! From the moment he woke, there was so much excitement in that boy! I think he thinks he has never had a birthday before. He hasn't ever had a friend party though, and so in his head that might be equivalent. I bought him a special badge that relayed the message that it IS his big day and you wouldn't thought that it was Spider man himself, sitting on his shoulder all day to enjoy the fun. The little things have always meant so much to him!
I had my friend Julie bring him so I could go a little early and tape up the banner and balloons to the glass in the LOUD play area and set up the cake and present table. So... here he comes!

Daddy took a longer lunch to come join the party and made it all even more special! ( we celebrated with just our family after dinner that night)

Look at this masterpiece! He couldn't decide on which one he loved more, so we opted for both! The smudges on the batman side came from the saran wrap that chose not to stay on top of the toothpicks I so strategically placed on the cake to get it there. This cake did, however make it all morning in my truck while I was at bible study without melting!

My Girls! Julie, Jolynn, Teri and me!
Dawson and Tucker
Dawson and Colton
Ian and Dawson
Dawson in all his Super Hero glory!
I think he likes the cake!!!
My dear Dawson, what a wonderful day this has been! Along with getting a Spider Man AND a Batman monster truck, awesome new videos, Spidey wall stickers for your room, an FBI kit, and so many other great goodies.....you are so loved! I can see why too. You are just a barrel of laughs! You get so excited about the smallest things and you show it in your expressions which I could just eat up!!!
I love how you really like to help with house cleaning and laundry, and as of late, making your bed (in your own special way). You are great at making the mundane things things in life really fun.
You are also very tender hearted. It doesn't always take a lot to "break your heart". You let me know just today how your brother broke your heart . Your quote was something like , " he just broke my skin and took my heart and just broke it in two and then just left me!" How absolutely horrible that must have felt! As easy as it seems that you get your feeling hurt, you are equally as loving. There is a certain neighbor girl that used to frustrate you to tears last summer. Now you two love playing together, blow kisses when you go in for dinner, and can't wait to see each other again. You have matured and grown into a great friend!
You bless our lives so much and we are so thankful that God gave you to our family as our second son!
5 comments:
I can't believe he is already FOUR!!!! That is just crazy! I remember watching him when he was only 2 months old! My how time flies! He is such a sweetheart! Glad he had a good birthday!
Great Blog, Mary Jo! It was all so much fun. I know Tucker had a blast. Think you'll be back in the area 'round Thanksgiving to celebrate Tucker's birthday? You know I'd love to prepare another turkey for you and your family. You can be assured that I'll be wearing my famous apron!!
It seems like just yesterday we sat on the floor in your NWA house looking at fabric and you spilled the beans of your bun in the oven and then I shared the news right back. Our boys are 4 now and time is getting away from us! Before we know it our sweet boys will be great men stopping by our house on their way to church to give us a ride because we are too old to see and too forgetful to remember where we are going or how to get there!
Post a Comment