Landon's first birthday was on the 25th of September, which completed our birthday marathon month. Actually. Dawson's is the 29th and should've been last, but we have had one heck of a crazy month and I am using the "my kids are too young to know the difference card" and will deal with the consequences if the boys collaborate someday and file against me. I really plan on explaining why things have been so crazy, but first things first.
I have this little thing about first cakes. I have had a different room theme for each of them planned before they are born and whatever that is, is the first birthday theme. Landon's is obviously trains and I must say is my best cake as of this date...the sad thing is that we had already had plenty of cake and didn't eat much and left the next day for a whole week... so most of this went into the trash before we left. Boo Hoo.
The big boys were far more excited to dig into the Choo Choo!
One of my little sweetie's signature looks, the pouty mouth.
This is great Mom, wanna taste?
Digging and then licking seemed to be the best way to go about eating a cake.
Still lovin the toothbrush for the longest time!
Bath toys...poor thing never gets to play in tub. We always put him in, get him clean and get him out and lather him up with lotion and put him in bed. It's so much less chaotic while the other two get ready for bed. I know your going to read this someday, Landon. I am so sorry. As of your first birthday, it is all changing!
Landon, you are truly amazing!
Your first year of life has been unbelievably fast! Way more so than your brothers'. It seems like just yesterday that you were having all these tests done to figure out if your kidneys were going to function right or if you needed surgery. Thankfully, you have been very healthy and growing, I think, faster than your brothers. You wear a size 7 shoe right now! Your brothers both wore a size 8 one year from where you are right now.
You have a wonderful appetite for baby food. I can't seem to get you to eat table food as much as I think you should be. You do love your veggies, though, so I am not going to argue with you on how you eat them.
You love to smile and squint your eyes and pucker your lips and put your hands out as if to catch a football. Daddy thinks you'll be a great quarterback someday. I am OK if you don't play contact sports.
You love all the attention you receive from your brothers and you absolutely light up when they enter the room or go get you after a nap. You crawl everywhere and stand up a lot and are starting to take steps. You took 6 steps while in our hotel room last week! Since then, not as much. I love that you are not in a hurry! I may not like that about you someday... but for now, I think it is great that you want to be my little baby!
You are allergic to dairy. YUCK! I hate that for you. Good thing is that we know exactly what to do about that! You have always been on soy formula and now we are transitioning to soy milk just like your brothers drink. You will only drink it warm though. A bit of a high maintenance little guy! That's OK, I am sure if you were hungry enough you would learn to deal. You are a pretty good traveler. You are only just beginning, my dear!
Landon, you have been such a laid back baby and I am starting to see you develop an awareness of everything around you like I haven't seen in you before. You know what we are saying and are really trying to talk back to us. You say "Momma", "Dadda", and "Bubba" pretty well and "Ba" for ball and are working hard at so many others. You may talk clearly before you walk!
We love you little Landon and even though we were quite shocked when we found out you were coming, we are so thankful that God has made our family so perfectly complete with you! Happy Birthday!




0 comments:
Post a Comment