CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Big One!


So 37 is not really that bad.
My boys made me feel twenty something all over again. (As were their instructions when Daddy left) I was taken on a very special date by my boys for a big RAINY, thunder storming birthday!
Sawyer had asked me where I wanted to go several times the days prior and I had told both of them that we could go where ever they could afford. (they were using their money, to be reimbursed later when Daddy got home)It was insisted that this was MY day and I could go to Macaroni Grill or Carabbas, anywhere I wanted, but I might have to drink water. So that was loads of fun, having them look forward to Saturday! A present all in itself. We had heard a long time ago about this place called The Barn, and had just never been. I told the boys and they were game. It really is an old barn that Amish people (I'm assuming by the attire) have made into a very unique place to dine!
All the way I have told them how to treat a date.
You always open her door. check...they do that for me anyway.
You pull her chair out for her and push it in after she sits. ha! I translated that to... You help get the high chair and set the baby up.
We have nice conversations.
You can order my drink for me if I am busy with the baby when the server comes.
You pay attention to prices and order something smaller for yourself, so that I can have a special meal on my special day. ha ha!
I am being very serious with them, in a matter-of-fact kind of way. very conversational.
Of course, last, but not least, you take the bill and pay for it without showing your date how much it sets you back.

Sawyer is quiet...... very quiet....
"Hey Mom?"
"Yes..." I answer.
"Whoever I marry better really love me..." he ponders.
"why," I asked.
"because there is NO way I will ever remember all that!"

Laughing, I told him that no one does, even Daddy, and he loves me a whole lot. But it's OK because I know he tries. So I told him trying is all that matters.

here we go........
the fancy menu

This is the famous "I'm so cute...everyone look at me" pose. Gets me every time!
No, Mom...I got it.

figuring the tip
keeping everything EVEN ... anyone know what I mean?

in front of the Barn ready to feed the ducks
I really missed Ragan, even though we had celebrated over a great dinner earlier in the week. I wished he could have seen them work so hard to make the day great for me. I hope that my 37th never fades my memory.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is the best date ever! I think any menu with a cow on it must be great! I am sorry that I didn't get to talk to you on your big day but I was thinking about you and hoping your day was spectacular

Kerri said...

How sweet. Hopefully my boy will be taught to do things like that also. Happy LATE birthday. You are getting OLD. HaHa.