CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 05, 2008

Fickle Friday

Just another day here, but a few things I don't want to forget.
We went to Chapel this morning after carpool duty. Had to put my makeup on in the car because I had so much to do afterward. It never looks right when I do that. It is difficult to get myself and three ready, a lunch packed, everyone fed, teeth brushed, the right shoes on, much less worry about leaving the house like a tornado hit it. Anyway, went in to witness memory verses and awesome singing from the hearts of 30 sweet k-2nd graders and a devotional/prayer from our Children's minster. We're off to a fantastic start!
Big day for Dawson as he got to go meet his preschool teachers and play in the classroom for a bit to acclimate himself. That didn't go well. The older he gets, the more apparent it is that he is SO different from Sawyer. That is good. I don't want my children to duplicate each other, that would leave all the challenge and stress out of parenting! He clung to me the ENTIRE time. Wouldn't look the teachers in the eye when I introduced them. Even when one of his best buddies walked into the room, which I thought would surely bring him out of it, he still wouldn't budge. So.......we left. I told him I was really sad that Colton (his friend) was so excited to be in the same classroom as him, etc..... just laying on guilt, knowing that is not the right thing to do, but all I am really skilled at. It didn't work. He is our sensitive and needy one and I love that about him. Any prayers for the drop off on Monday are appreciated. That will be a killer.
So I dropped it and now we are working on being in a good mood to go to the dentist (to get two fillings). Poor guy! He cried of course with the shot, but was a very big boy and opened wide for everything! Being a parent in 2008, I had naturally promised him a special toy getting trip after he was done and acted "big". So he had been dreaming of a batman costume for about a week. I'll put pictures up soon of that...so cute! I am Bat Girl and he must be called Wayne when he is not in costume. We put bad guys in the laundry room and the key stays in the desk drawer. FYI
Landon was awesome through all of that. We got home around 2:00 and he went right to sleep. He is so flexible it is ridiculous. I have tried to put shoes on him somewhat consistently for the last week or so. He will push the walker only if I help him get started and don't let it go too fast. He really likes it when it is in riding toy mode and he pushes it faster like that. He smiles so big it looks fake to everyone he meets. The older ladies at the grocery store LOVE it!! The screaming is only when he really needs something now. Thank you, Landon. That was really getting on my nerves. He started saying "eew" while we were away. He puts his big pouty lips together as if to kiss you and it really sounds like he is trying to call the hogs. So we are teaching him that. A very importing thing for an 11 month old to learn in Buckeye land!!
Sawyer continues to love his school and classmates. I think I've mentioned before that they were all together in Kindergarten. They know each other so well the teacher told me she catches them telling each other things like "glad you're back, we prayed for you yesterday" or "do you need help with that because I'm done..." She said they are genuinely care for each other and want each other to do well. Isn't that incredible? I love our school and will miss it so much someday. Anyway, Sawyer gets to be the special leader next week and has to fill out and decorate a special big paper all about himself this weekend. His name didn't get drawn until the end of last year, and now it is the first one. He is so excited!
I will post pics next week, that is my incentive to take some great ones this weekend! Hope you have a great one too!

0 comments: