What an incredible 5 days we just spent! We left Thursday afternoon and returned last night (Tuesday) 30 minutes before Sawyer's ballgame was to start (only a few minutes drive away). I had resigned not to go and Saw had given me the OK on that. They arrive and the coach wasn't there and Ragan had to take over and couldn't do that with a three year old that thought he should be out there with them as a part of the team. So... put the baby back into the car seat he has lived in for 2 days and go again. Luckily, I quickly convinced Dawson that I had something super at home waiting. (bed)
We had a wonderfully peaceful trip, both in the vehicle and at my parents'. Somehow the boys manage pretty well in the car. Thanks to movies and special coloring books, journals, and each others' giggles. Landon is pretty much a miracle child. We aren't sure what is wrong with him yet, but he is a super traveler. Never says a peep except when being pestered or hungry. Is this a third child thing? You better speak up or I will be shouting how Landon is somehow gifted at an early age because of this. I can't wait for all of you in Rogers (and Springdale) to see him in all his giftedness!
The boys caught so many fish they lost count, and rode the "hog" until there were permanent tracks in my parents manicured lawn. They also played lots of basketball, water balloon baseball, and acted silly with their cousins until they literally fell asleep as soon as they were put to bed. Can't ask for a better time than that. Of course they got the family tree rehearsed to them as we took Dad's Iris he proudly grew to the cemetery on Monday after lunch. Does everybody's family do that? I always use to think that was so boring. Very cool now. I always swear that I am going to write it all down. I need to do that.
We drove off Monday afternoon and I couldn't hold back tears. I don't find myself feeling that kind of emotion often, but I am confident that the tears were some much needed medicine. Medicine that reminds me of where I came from, how much I love and miss my family, how proud I am to come from this small dot on a map called Carrollton, Missouri, and most importantly, how much I deeply desire for my boys to know Ma Patty and Pa Rex. Not just be familiar, but to grow a deeper understanding of who they are and appreciate them for every last bit of it.
God is so very good.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.


No words necessary!
15 years ago




1 comments:
Well, I have finally caught the blog fever, I guess. Great pictures from the weekend. I was visiting with Papa Newman on Memorial Day late afternoon. I heard from him that you all were in town and had heading back for home that day. Oh, by the way, yes every family goes through the family tree thing. Craig and I did that with both of our families that day also. I'll be checking things out more often now. Luv ya, Aunt Betty
Post a Comment