Ragan took us out to eat at this great place in Wadsworth that we went last year for Mother's Day and Father's Day called The Galaxy. They have the most deliciously chilled cocktail shrimp and I felt very appreciated there. Not having to do any dishes, or cook made me very happy, but I want you all to know that Ragan made reservations two weeks ago!!! That in itself was a beautiful gift to me! Thank you honey! Sawyer gave me a card he handmade and been hiding since Wednesday, and Dawson helped Daddy sign his name to a card from him. That was very special, since he normally wants nothing to do with writing letters or drawing anything, really. And Ragan gave me a cute funny card that expressed his gratitude and love. All very kind and thoughtful sentiments!
Now, I would like to tell MY mother how wonderful SHE is! I was going to try and make this really clever and post a top ten list for her or something like that. I have made lists of ways she has impacted my life and I was going to try and rank them making the biggest most wonderful thing at the end. I got stuck somewhere along the way because I started telling Ragan what I really want to inherit from her is her culinary skills! Forget the sappy stuff, I want to be able to multi task in the kitchen and wave this magic wand and have everything on the table at the perfect temperatures all at the same time. That is a beautiful thing! Mom, you do that so well!
What I really want you to know, Mom, is that you have taught me everything I have needed to know to run a house. (With some help from Dad, but I'll do that post in another month or so!) I learned practical skills from you like cooking, even though I was a lot better at cleaning up. I know I can make a few things because you took the time to show me. You always made things fun and not like a chore. I made an apple pie for teacher's appreciation this week and Ragan made me make one for us as well. I love that I know how to do that. I know important stuff like where to draw the lines with the fork at the end. Thank you for being a patient teacher with me.
You taught me to sew, even though I wouldn't have been caught dead in anything I made. I can't tell you how many other moms I know that would really love to have that skill. Do you remember my friend Teresa from Springfield that I taught to sew? We went to Joann's one Saturday and got four different fabrics and we made four shift dresses that we rotated for an entire summer. I have even made a few dollars sewing for other people. Thank you for helping me develop a talent and teaching me something that I could bless others with.
You taught me to love and support Ragan by your example with Dad. Though our 11 1/2 years don't quite compare to 40!!!!!! you are a beautiful example of healthy marriage. I heard you having fun, I watched you laugh a lot, I sat with you when you worshipped, I watched you working together for the benefit of our family. I will also say I have seen you kiss just a few times, kinda gross to post that, but thank you for letting me witness your complete devotion to Dad. That example will mean a lot to my boys.
Thank you for teaching me the little things, like wearing clean underwear in case I'm in a wreck. I still hope I don't have to use that knowledge, but I appreciate it... and rest assured, my boys will be ready.
I watched you work very hard for all of us. Whether you were still at home or working after Robin was in school, I saw you do all that you could to help Dad in the garden, moving equipment from farm to farm, doing the bookwork, dressing chickens, and still had time for homework and 4-H projects. You included us in whatever you could. Thank you for teaching me to work hard at all that I do.
I thank you for being so patient with me. I think I might have given you a few gray hairs along the way as I wasn't the easiest teenager or college student for that matter! Thank you for believing in me and helping me understand that I was not the equivalent of my mistakes. Knowing and feeling your forgiveness helped me understand how God sees us all.
I love you mom! Hope you have a great day!
MJ




0 comments:
Post a Comment