Landon, I am quite positive, will explode with cognitive abilities very soon, yet he hasn't learned thus far how to keep from getting hung up under furniture. He does push ups all the time (just like I hear Elyn does) and could run a race backward, just can't go forward... yet. It is so funny though, he smiles for the camera, and then puts his angry face back on and tells me to get him out of the mess he is in!
OK, new subject...
There are times when I am trying to have a conversation with Sawyer and I know his mind is a million miles away. I realize that he is growing up and has other things to think about, running plays in his head, working out tomorrows kickball strategy, etc...Then something like this bed making thing happens and I am reminded that maybe he does hear me every now and then. I usually make the beds after he leaves simply because I don't like him leaving for school after we have argued. Mornings can be hard enough. I really want him to do this and I think he is old enough, but I just haven't gone so far as to require it from him yet. So, he left for school today, and I go into his room to start making beds and this is what I see...
TA DA!!!! Missing an item and not exactly how I would do it, but WOW!
Now, some of you know this, but when Ragan and I got married, I thought he made the bed every day. It was when we came home after the honeymoon that I realized, he just never got under the sheet and blanket! He just would pull the comforter up at night and folded it at the bottom of the bed during the day! What a bachelor!
Whatever the reason Sawyer made the bed this morning, I could care less. I have praised him and will continue to and hope that whatever motivated him to do so, will continue!




1 comments:
Dear Landon, I hear you are crawling backwards. I used to do that too, but now I crawl forwards. My mommy is finding all sorts of things that need to be put out of my reach...it's fun driving her crazy! You should try it too. I hope I get to see you soon! Love, Elyn
Post a Comment