CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Our Snowy Saturday


What an awesome Saturday! We were all snowed in today as we watched more than a foot of snow fall down around us! We did nothing productive at all, instead, we enjoyed all the wonderful activities that should be required of you when experiencing a great big snow storm...
like making snowflakes and decorating the windows.....


sledding across the sidewalk...(yes, I said across and sidewalk)


and of course the puzzles galore, hot chocolate and warm strawberry (Dawson doesn't do hot or chocolate these days) , the making and devouring of chocolate chip cookies, and then a nice shrimp boil to top the day off! I took several pictures of the outside because I couldn't believe how the snow kept coming and how much the wind drifted it! The picture to the left is the view when we played "freeze out" and opened the front door to see the drifting. This was obviously a shot before the eager teenage boys came collecting money to snowplow and shovel us out of our home. I have to admit, it was a neat feeling not being able to leave even if we wanted to. No matter what the temperature guage said, this was a very warm day here at our house! The boys didn't last more than about 45 minutes out there and it took almost an hour for their cheeks to de-redden. I've never seen so much white outside of ski resort!
I love my family! It's days like this that remind me just how great our life is. Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Wow! That's some snow! How fun!!!!! We got nothin' worth mentioning.

Lane said...

Hey Mary Jo! I'm so glad to see you have a blog! Now I can keep up with you instead of having to keep bugging Kristy to tell me! :) Looks like things are going good. I can't believe how big the boys are getting!! I don't think Dawson will remember me, but tell Sawyer hi from Mrs. Lane! We miss you guys!