So... the gala! It was great fun and considering that 2 of the three people that I know here so far were there, I couldn't have asked for more!
Just in case you were wondering, that would be
1)our RE agent - we love her and her kids
2)Ragan's boss and her husband - they are great too! and
3)a Ragan's analyst from home office moved out here a few months before we did, with her husband - they will be our guests this year for Thanksgiving.
Anyway, we left the kids in good hands with #1 and went to the event to see #2 and #3! Treasure Island is/was a military base under the Bay Bridge in between the Oakland area and downtown San Francisco. We got off the bridge and started second guessing ourselves and got back on and went across. So I have officially been to downtown SF, but only long enough to pull over and reset the GPS. Seeing the city as we crossed the bridge was amazing to say the least. NYC is my only comparison. So lit up and inviting!! Another time though. So we get back across and find the hanger that the party is in and let them park our car. I slipped on my new heals walking in, but thankfully it was early and only a few valet drivers witnessed.
Now, the important stuff....there were the fanciest porta potties I've ever seen. Yes, you read that right! Portable toilets!!! At this????? what? that is what I said, until I went in. I can't describe it, just believe me. The only real negative part was the quarters were a bit tight, but there were mirrors and carpet and nice scent in the air. weird, I know!
OK, so we wander around the cocktail hour and look at the silent auction items, most all of them starting around $1000 bids. We kept our bidding to a minimum. The company started coming and we had lots of fun conversations and plenty of beautiful things, people, food, etc. to enjoy. The dinner didn't seem like it would be worth $1000, but apparently it was. Safeway raised millions that night that added up to $200,000,000 this year to give to cancer research and MDS. Billy Gilman and the California ambassador for MDS, a little adorable girl, sang. (you might remember him as a little boy singing "one voice" and some other top country hits.) and then Kenny Loggins was the main entertainment for the evening. Awesome!!!! It was one huge 80's memory after another for me and I'm sure for most everyone there. We finally left around 11pm and got home about 1am.
The last time I was that dressed up, had that many pins and hairspray in my hair, and saw Ragan looking so dashing.....was my wedding. We need to do that more often!
No words necessary!
15 years ago




1 comments:
First, where is the picture of the porta potty? I wanted to see the porta ptty. Secondly, was there a party pic man?
You looked beautiful. I am so glad you got to have a night out and be the belle of the ball!
Post a Comment