CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Our First Metro Park

We went for a last adventure on Friday before school started (today) and found a Metro Park in Akron near Cuyhoga Falls and it was so fun!! It is unbelievable that a place that reminds me so much our experience in the Buffalo National Wilderness near Ponca, AR this summer was in the MIDDLE OF AKRON! My friend Teri and I, with our kids who really like being together as well, had a picnic packed and we didn't tell the kids a thing until we were there. Oh...the suspense! You might think they were on pins and needles, dying to know what we had up our sleeve. Actually, mine were horrible all morning and each of them were even subject to corporal punishment for being so absolutely mean and ugly to each other. I know, I am a horrible parent.

Now that we are all together, everyone is happy and sweet. You know, like when you are yelling and your house is all chaotic and then the phone rings and you answer it like you work in a doctors office... a nice, calm, "hello?" . Notice little guy busting out of his seat top and bottom.














Ms Teri found a nice story about this girl named Mary Campbell that was kidnapped in the late 1700's by the Cuyahoga Indians and lived here with the tribe for most of her childhood. Anyway, there was this really neat opening that looked like Mary's bed. So you can see them acting like they are sleeping. By the way, the Indians apparently felt pretty bad about the whole kidnapping thing and gave her back when she got older. Very interesting story.




















Here Landon and I are looking at the dam. I am resisting a cheesy play on words. He never made a peep the whole time. I really thought he would fall asleep. No, no...awake the entire 4 hours. a happy awake I might add.















Dawson, Sawyer, Maddie, and Tucker



















They all climbed up and down this treacherous opening in the rocks several times.




















So much fun had by all. We sweat that day, but I have to tell you it is fall here now. The leaves have been falling a bit and we've seen some color. But the biggest thing is the temperature coming home from Sawyer's first ball game tonight was a whopping 65 degrees! and windy!! We were freezing!!!! The air is off and the windows are open. Weird for August 25th, but I'll take it. What is it like where you are?

1 comments:

The Rickard 5 said...

MJ
I am glad you are out finding the cool places to see! When we finally get up there to visit, you will already know right where to go to show off the sights!