Ok, this blog is really not for the purpose that I am about to use it for. Just hear me out.
I really have come to be frustrated with a few things lately and I think it might be a stage. I am not sure how long it will last, I am starting to think that it could be a sign of aging....tell me what you think and try to be nice.
Here it is. I used to dress up just because I wanted to look nice and feel good. Now, I feel totally fantastic in layered t-shirts and the jeans I wear 4 times a week. I used to really worry about current highlights in my hair. Now my biggest concern is the ponytail crease in my hair from showering the night before and throwing it in a ponytail to stay out of my way. Oh, and static cling.....I HATE static in my hair. I used to try and look nice to go to walmart. Now I just pray I don't see anyone I know that well and that Landon doesn't need to eat before we get home. I used to feel really felt great in heels, full make up, and "getting ready" for the day even if I wasn't sure I was going anywhere. Now, I love that I can wear sweats and get so much done around the house without anyone ever seeing how I really look. (By the way, I do try and look nicer when Ragan comes home. I read that you should do that, although I really don't think he cares) Don't get me wrong, I still love to look nice and try...... but I am questioning the priority that it has had in my life.
Am I the only one? Do I just need a fashion intervention to wake me?
So now I am wondering, was I really that happy trying to look nice to go grocery shopping? Was it for me to feel good, or to not be totally embarrassed to see someone who clearly took more time preparing themselves for that day. I am different now. My interests are changing and I don't feel like I am in charge of it. I want to be be both people, but I am not sure if the old one exists. So does that mean you give it all up? I know God is teaching me. I guess I am just trying to come to grips with life as I know it. I think I am ok with it. I think I am.
MJ
No words necessary!
15 years ago




1 comments:
I sit here in my sweatpants, no makeup, a thermal shirt, hair barely brushed, and I am calling it "dressed". I am so with you! I have absolutely no desire to "step it up a notch". I did a post on my blog right after Nora was born about moving from Posh Spice to Sporty Spice...it applies to me now too.
You are beautiful and I am sure whatever you are in you look fabulous!
Post a Comment