Wow! Our weekend at South Lake Tahoe was everything I thought it might not be, relaxing was at the top of that list! I had been needlessly stressing. In my head, our quarters would be tight and I would be wigging out about the snowball effect of that and would be "moody" to say it nicely the entire time. Also, a man died in an avalanche a few days prior to our trip and we had to buy chains for the Tahoe, etc.... I almost couldn't look out the window on our drive because I was so scared of the INCREDIBLE view.
I might have a problem.
Is this normal?
Fortunately for everyone, I was so wrong. I guess that is what you get when you leave the planning to your other half. Ragan doesn't pay attention to detail like I do. How was he suppose to know all the specifics I NEEDED to know? Why didn't I get on the website? good question. Fact is, we were blessed with a last minute upgrade that wasn't available earlier in the week and we were quite comfortable! YEAH!!!! I can't describe to you how thankful I was!
Since Landon isn't up for skiing quite yet, we hung out and checked out the area, he napped, I read up on Hollywood nonsense, we cooked meals for the other boys at lunch and dinner, and just relaxed! I also found some great Christmas ornaments that were hand carved by someone in the area (LOVE THAT), a little shopping around was fun too!
Big news was that Sawyer skied down his first REAL MOUNTAIN blue hill. And he loved it! He only fell 4 times he told me. He said it was "challenging" and he was very proud! So am I! He says "real mountain" b/c in Ohio he skied down blues and one black but they were at a man-made resort and so now he says that doesn't count.
Now that was the important stuff, on to the pictures!
Landon hanging out eating
I might have a problem.
Is this normal?
Fortunately for everyone, I was so wrong. I guess that is what you get when you leave the planning to your other half. Ragan doesn't pay attention to detail like I do. How was he suppose to know all the specifics I NEEDED to know? Why didn't I get on the website? good question. Fact is, we were blessed with a last minute upgrade that wasn't available earlier in the week and we were quite comfortable! YEAH!!!! I can't describe to you how thankful I was!
Since Landon isn't up for skiing quite yet, we hung out and checked out the area, he napped, I read up on Hollywood nonsense, we cooked meals for the other boys at lunch and dinner, and just relaxed! I also found some great Christmas ornaments that were hand carved by someone in the area (LOVE THAT), a little shopping around was fun too!
Big news was that Sawyer skied down his first REAL MOUNTAIN blue hill. And he loved it! He only fell 4 times he told me. He said it was "challenging" and he was very proud! So am I! He says "real mountain" b/c in Ohio he skied down blues and one black but they were at a man-made resort and so now he says that doesn't count.
Now that was the important stuff, on to the pictures!
Landon hanging out eating
The hill was Killer getting back up!
Sawyer ( not screaming) - he ended up going down backwards and on his belly too. Oh to be a kid again!
Landon hanging out after our tubing.
Dawson and Sawyer in after their first day - all morning and 3 more hours that afternoon!
The boys - incredible view!
It looks like they are standing in front of a postcard. wrong lens?
Heavenly is the name of this mountain they skied the first day. This is obviously just part. The gondola was located right out our door.
Ragan and Landon
Fire and Ice was the name of this establishment that EVERYONE told us to go to. We picked out all the veggies, meats, sauces and everything we wanted and brought it to these guys and watched them cook it up. Very cool. The boys loved it! It was a cultural experience like they had never had. Lots of interesting people, bachelorette party complete with obscene picture on matching hot pink t-shirts(hard to miss), among other things. Which also reminds me of trying to put my face in between Sawyer's and a nudie on a snowboard at Kirkwood Ski Resort on Sunday. You know someday, my head won't be in the way and I might not even know that it happened... Maybe he'll see it and then turn away giggling at the time when he was 7 and his mother jerked her head in the way thinking he didn't see anything! He'll be so busy reminiscing about silly me that he'll miss it!!! YES! that is how it will play out! Right?
Anyway, the cooks were much like that at a Japanese steak house only not Japanese and had some rhythm. They played cool music that I had never heard before. I felt like I was out at a club or something. I felt cool, kinda....but mostly old.
Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the fun in the heated pool and the hot tub that we frequented outside. It was indeed warm water and the boys loved seeing their breath. Let's just say the trek back into the hotel and up the elevator was a chilly one!




1 comments:
In the picture where the boys are looking at the snow out the window, I was amazed at how big Sawyer's feet are!
Post a Comment