I have had a desire to write and share how I have been feeling lately, but I keep backing out for a few reasons. One, I don't want to create a pity party, and two, I am trying to snap out of it and writing was going to help me sulk....so I will just leave it at this.
I am so grateful for Cordova Church of Christ and the precious truth that I hear each Sunday. It lifts and convicts me.
I am grateful for a couple of budding friendships.
I am so very grateful for a sensitive husband who listens and really desires for me to be ME again!
So...I woke up Friday morning and felt a prodding to do what I really love, sew! It does bring me joy and great satisfaction to create something beautiful, so I made a curtain Friday for the window over my kitchen sink. It had been on my "to do" list, but not thought about since before Christmas. I got so excited! I had a reason to go to JoAnn's, I searched the internet for style ideas, I made my own pattern (which took some math and therefore time!) and I re-threaded the serger which I normally HATE, but I got it done and then did a little hacha dance to celebrate. I even interupted Ragan in his office to tell him that I did "it" ( he knows it is a very challenging task) and he pretended to be relieved for me instead of irritated that I intruded. I wrestled with the boys, I laughed, I smiled. I was energized. I smiled. I've needed some smiling!
I know I will get plugged in, it just takes time. It is so easy to sulk in sadness and to think of everything I "need" and forget what I am overwhelmingly blessed with already. I want my heart to be right.
All done!!!
No words necessary!
15 years ago




2 comments:
Mary Jo, your curtain is beautiful! I absolutely love it! I envy at what a talented person you are. I miss you so much and it pains me to think of you being sad. I certainly don't want to "add fuel to the fire," but I haven't been myself since you've left. Some things are so valuable that they cannot be replaced. That's how I feel about you. I know you're going to make wonderful friends in CA because people can't help but be attracted to you. But don't forget that there are folks in OH who love you very much and think the world of you and your family!
First of all I LOVE the curtain and have always envied your talent for sewing!! :)
And thank you so much for your words of encouragement on the job issue. It helps to hear it from someone else! I appreciate your kind words!
I know how you feel about not being plugged in yet. Sometimes I STILL feel like that here. You will be in my prayers!
Post a Comment