It has been SO long! I'm not even going to try and catch up, too much to post and not enough sit down time to do it. So I will just tell you that getting settled back into our routine here has been very good. I feel like we have a routine, kinda. That is progress. I feel like I am much more at ease with Ragan coming and going to Pleasanton every week. We miss him and it cramps my style a bit especially getting Sawyer to and from school. But we are working it out without getting worked up. That too, is progress.
We have had some great weather so checking out all the parks in town has been fun. Landon loves to swing. He also loves to be in the big kid area which is not so safe. I love the stage he is in but it is so stressful at playgrounds when if I am not watching him absolutely for every second, he could be in the street in nothing flat. That also goes for Dawson. We were walking home from getting Sawyer one day and he had to ride his little beat up three-wheeled plastic thing. He rode so fast that I was cringing that I didn't make him wear a helmet. (who would've guessed he could make it would travel at 30 mph?) He got to the school way before me, and I was continually telling him to slow down around the school, they had not let out yet and we were right at the windows. So on the way home Sawyer likes to go through the field (the rattlesnakes aren't out yet) and goes slower than the pace we had previously kept. So before I know it, I can't even see Dawson... at all! So Saw runs to catch him and apparently Dawson thought it was a race, as I saw him CROSSING THE STREET and pulling his little rig in the driveway and jumping up and down. I am assuming he was also cheering that "he won". As you can imagine, he was strongly reminded of the rules about the riding.
We had my Aunt Cathy and cousin Gretchen here from Ithaca, NY last week. They were only here for a day, as they were off to a National Geographic cruise out of Mexico. Oh what fun they are having right now! We had a wonderful visit and were very blessed by the time that we got to spend with them. The boys loved them too. Dawson is telling me all about the birds he knows personally now and they have so many fun little toys that are a reminder of what fun we had with them here. Gretchen's mii character skunked me just today in baseball. I was yelling at you Gretchen! They went very out of their way to visit us here when they were headed south. I was thrilled to use some of the frozen carrots in my freezer to make them a cake and Ragan smoked some yummy pork chops. This is an invitation, to all...I still have lots more grated carrots (hahaha! see earlier post) and Ragan loves to smoke..... there are plenty of beds. Come on over.
I finally purchased the camera I've been looking at for some time. With a lot of help from Christmas cash! Thank you to everyone to helped me out! I love it and there is so much to learn. Here are my first pics as soon as the battery charged up. There is lots of room to grow, I know!
We had a fantastic Saturday. We were sick that C and G left here thinking that we lived in such an urban area. We do, but only 10 minutes from our house, down 80, we found some amazing country. We visited Auburn and Coloma. The boys had been wanting to pan for gold and we really wanted to just see country and get out of the city. That is a trip we might take every Saturday. Ragan and I didn't wear hiking shoes, but we all managed to hike a trail that we just pulled over at the side of the road and found (that isn't abnormal, trails are EVERYWHERE). So beautiful! The boys played all afternoon and we were really tired when we got home.
Church is better and better every week. I went on a play date for the first time last Monday. That was wonderful and Dawson talks about his couple of new friends daily! This is a huge deal since it was daily that we were crying over old friends. Dawson will start soccer on Saturday. He is so excited! We are too, for him to have something to do!
That is it for now. I hope to be better at documenting our happenings now. Now off to see what got DVR'd tonight!




0 comments:
Post a Comment