What a fun weekend we have had! I would love to show you some great pictures to prove it, but my computer isn't reading my memory card today and it is driving me crazy! Hopefully I will get it all figured out soon.
Friday night we went to a really neat place to eat called Gasoline Alley, in Akron. Lots of atmosphere and somewhat kid friendly. Honestly, it is the most unique place we've found so far. It was not anything we would've found on our own for sure. After that we went bowling! Yes, you read it right. Not something we would've chosen. Sawyer has been reading a lot and one of my friends gave me the idea of having him make a list of fun family things we could all do after he has read X # of books. SO!!! He made a list and that was the first thing he wanted to do. We had a great time and they let us take Landon's stroller down into the lane area, so he had fun too. He was rockin out to all the awesome music they were playing. I heard Brass Monkey, by the Beastie Boys for the first time in .... I'm not sure how long, and I couldn't stop myself from singing and moving around. I'd call it dancing, but I don't want you to think I do this in public ALL the time (see last post).
Saturday I had a meeting all day, but the boys relaxed until it was time for Saw to go to his friend's birthday party and camp out! So he was up PAST midnight and woke up at 5:30 AM!!! (So the dad told me this morning when I went to pick him up for church.) Anyway, it was the end to our VBS Sundays and we had a picnic and cornhole tourneyment all afternoon so the boys got to run around with their friends, eat, and giggle a lot.
The best part was when we came home everyone was super tired. I set Sawyer up with some milk and a blanket and cartoons in the basement so he could veg out for a while and I couldn't hardly believe he fell asleep! He NEVER takes naps. Ragan laid down with Dawson and I put the baby down and for about 2 hours I was in a quiet house. Now in my mind though, I kept thinking I forgot a child at church, or I think I hear someone crying (when they weren't) or that I should be cleaning up the kitchen. But I will assure you that on this day, I did nothing but sit and watch Flip that House and read the paper, cut out coupons and veg out myself a little. Ahhh.....how nice!
No words necessary!
15 years ago




1 comments:
MJ
What is a cornhole tourneyment?
Post a Comment