CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meaningless Nonsense

I've been tagged once again...a little different and kinda fun to think about! Thanks Ashlee, it was interesting hearing how much you like the new bachelor! (I agree completely!)
What was I doing 10 years ago?
In 1998, Ragan and I had been married for almost two years and I was finishing my second year of teaching at Nixa Junior High. Karen taught across the hall from me and we were usually giggling about something. I was the assistant coach to the accomplished 8th grade girls volleyball team (having never played in my life). I was also realizing my talents and doing a few craft fairs with Jayma! We had it in our heads that we were really going to make it big selling embellished lamp shades and painted flower pots and who knows what else! We had a little of everything creative that popped into our heads (which I will say was A LOT) out on a table at Kickapoo's craft fair fund raiser and I'm not sure we sold much. Truthfully, though, we always had the cutest and trendiest crafts no matter where we were! Our talent was just a little over the top for the venues we selected. We even had a checking account together! How funny to look back at that! I miss you, Jayma!
Around that same time I ask Mom for her old sewing machine she got for a wedding gift from her parents. I wanted to start sewing curtains for our quaint little apartment on Mac's Court behind Outback Steakhouse in Springfield. I kept the first ones I made because I am proud of them and hope to show (well, I always though I would have said daughter here) my daughter in laws.... you know... I think I will pitch them or put them in the stack for Good Will soon. Like they will care! I do love sewing and am so glad that Mom wasn't stingy with a very special gift. That machine served me well!

5 Favorite Snacks in a Non Weight Gaining World :
1) CHOCOLATE!
2) Scramble at my parents at Christmas (it's what my family calls homemade Chex Mix )
3) more chocolate
4) there is really nothing else that great
5) OK, maybe sonic onion rings

5 Favorite Snacks in the Real World:
1) big fan of Fiber One bars
2) Dried cranberries dipped in chocolate- just kidding!
3) Diet Coke!
4) Soy protein shake with fruit (Dr. Oz's recipe)
5) Frozen fruit with splenda

5 Things I Would do if I Became a Billionaire:
1) appoint a secret lawyer/accountant that we could trust, have him quit his job and work for us and help us give our money away through the years.
2) set up all family with college ed funds and trust funds, and set up free homes and vacations for the rest of their lives.
3) buy more land for Green Valley to grow and build a winterized set of cabins and worship area/ other scholarship and community assistance programs as well
4) Of course I would need to do some serious shopping, body rearranging, and meaningless stuff like that...
5) travel and do mission work, not necessarily together all the time. There would definitely be some leisure involved!

5 Jobs I Have Had:
1) I helped corn reproduce every summer of my teenage years at Pioneer Hybrid
2) Hoeing beans for my dad started when I was probably 11 or 12
3) Sonic car hop (about a month)
4) I was called "tuxette" at a suit shop in Springfield where I prepared tuxedos for wedding parties each weekend my Sophmore and junior years of college
5) Cheddars!! The absolute best bar and grill ever! My first and only waitress job. Lots of fun!

3 Habits I Don't Think You Know About:
1) Everything hanging in my closet is facing the same direction
2) I comet my sink after every meal I clean up.
3) Because Landon usually eats somewhere between 4-6 am, I turn on the TV in the middle of the night to see if there are any new developments in headline news since I last checked. I have had to fight off the urge to turn it on when I get up to go to the bathroom and am amazed at the fact he hasn't woken up. Pathetic, I realize.

5 Places I Have Lived:
1) Carrollton, MO
2) Springfield, Mo
3) Rogers, AR
4) Wadsworth, OH
5) I have only lived 4 places!!! wow!

I just tagged a few of you, but here we go!
The rules:
- link the person who tagged you
- write the rules in your blog
- link the people you are tagging
- comment on the blog of the people you tag letting them know you tagged them
I tag Dallas H., Sherry, and Missy

0 comments: