It has been a while and I have some pictures to share but I will do that next. First things first! I have been "tagged" ??? I am suppose to write 7 things about myself and then tag others, so look out! I try really hard to live up to expectations of myself, even if I don't know how to go about it! Here we go!
#1 Our Bible Study is reading and discussing an awesome book called, "Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture" by Mary E. DeMuth. It is a fantastic resource that we can't stop thinking about (and I hope we never do). Here are some topics:
*engaging your kids in conversations instead of issuing ultimatums
*seeing your children's behaviors as windows into your own spiritual life
*coaching your children instead of lecturing them
*modeling the transparent, authentic lifestyle you want for your kids
*demonstrating a life of thankfulness, creativity, and service
Worth checking out!
#2 I loved our Spring Break we had last week, with my oldest off of school and home with me. We went to the library, the park a few times, and played outside a ton. On the rainy day we got our pictures taken at Penney's, spent last birthday's gift cards at Barnes and Noble, and ate at McDonald's and played as long as they wanted. I loved having freedom to do as we pleased with no time constraints. We are making precious memories! Corny, I know.
#3 Here is one I don't think many of you know. I am decorating a house for someone that I met in Sherwin Williams picking out paint colors. I ended up picking out paint colors for the main rooms of his house that day in the paint store! Crazy, I know! He asked if I would tackle a few rooms of his house that he felt needed the most help. I never gave him any information and he left me with his info and I thought about it, for about two seconds, called him a week later and now, three rooms later, he has asked me to do another floor. Apparently, I have great taste! My friend is cleaning for him now. He has even come to church a few times. If any of you need work and would like his number...give me a call.
#4 I eat vanilla/almond Special K cereal (almost) every morning with a sliced banana and vanilla yogurt instead of milk. Yummy! Sometimes I add Fiber One powder. It is cheaper than buying the yogurt with the added fiber and I can put it in anything that I want!
#5 Speaking of cheap....I have become quite the coupon collector. I loved Melody's last post and I printed off several of the coupons that she linked. It is so thrilling to get a great deal! Also, I am really trying to save every penny that I can ... for the sake of being a good steward, but also because I appreciate beyond what I can express, my ability to stay home and I really want to do something that shows Ragan I am trying to do what I can to help. Maybe that will make up for my phone bill last month. ouch!
#6 During our Spring Break, I managed to clean windows and move at least one piece of furniture around in almost every room of our house. Considering that I had zero help doing this, I consider it an accomplishment. Actually, Dawson helped with some of the windows, but as you might guess, they were redone. Ragan called me from the airport on Friday afternoon, and I rushed around for an hour getting everything in absolute perfect order so that he could see how hard I worked all week. I felt like I was having real company. What is up with that?
#7 Lastly, God has blessed our family so richly. Even though our measure by which we have guaged that has changed, we are made aware daily how God continues to grace us with his presence each and every day and deliever direction to our lives. You should definately know that about us.
So here are the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you
- List the rules in your blog
- Share seven interesting, weird, or otherwise facts about you
- Tag seven people to do the same
- Link their names in your blog
- Leave the people you are tagging a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
No words necessary!
15 years ago




1 comments:
I'm so happy you're enjoying the book! Your sweet comments made my day.
Mary DeMuth
Post a Comment